Thursday, June 14, 2007

How is your Thursday going?

I am sure you can tell by how I started this that my day did not start off well! First of all, I get up everyday at 5:15 which kills me. Like normal I showered, dressed, and started to dry my hair. The normal routine is to dry my hair is sections, three to be exact, because it is usually faster. So, I dry the bottom, and then the sides. For some reason I turned off the hairdryer and walked into the bedroom to get something before drying the last part. I said to Dan (who was still sleeping!)...Do you think I should wear my hair like this today? Most of it down except the part in the middle that was still soaking wet, sitting in a bun on the top of my head with a clip (very hot look, if I do say so!). After laughing at me, he immediately falls back asleep and I head back to the bathroom to continue drying my hair. Did you ever hear the saying, you get what you ask for? Wouldn't you know, the hairdryer would not turn on!!! The on/off switch broke and there was nothing I could do about it. Needless to say I was not a happy camper and looked pretty funny walking to the bus with half wet and half dry hair. Absolutely Lovely!

Then, I am walking through the subway station and look down to see that I have deodorant marks on my shirt. I love it!!

Hopefully, your day is going better than mine. With any luck, those are the only bad things that will happen today. I will keep you posted!

12 comments:

Julie said...

I hope your day gets better! my day is boring so far, but it will get better when I get out of work because I'm getting a car today!!!

Peg and Don said...

You are doing much better than Paris Hilton is today... I'm sure she'd trade... Make sure you come straight home after work. No side trips or anything. That way you'll be safe.

Anonymous said...

My day is boring too, but at least I have a working hairdryer!

Hope your day got better!

Andrea said...

I hope your day got better. Mine is no fun now that kickboxing got cancelled tonite!!! How annoying!

Becky S said...

Alls I can say is that I'm glad tomorrow is Friday!! Whoo hoo for the weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Meredith you would look beautiful even with pink hair never mind wet. HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY. Love and kisses Tina

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like a lot of unhappy campers >>>Meredith I hope your day got better.
Kristin. I hear the weather is great in VT... We are freezing in MA,,Have a wonderful weekend.
Julie I did not know you were geting a car...What did you get?
Andrea, we miss you.. have a wonderful weekend..
Tothe Snider family in SC..have a wonderful weekend
Love Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Mere sounds like a bad start but the good thing is it can only get better. I have had a lovely morning so far, Only Emma for three hours and she was in a great mood and absolutely adorable. Not so much yesterday when she bit Meme. She had been sharing her ice coffee with emma and decided to stop but Emma wanted more. Of course when I put her is time out Meme yelled at me for being mean. Any who I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Love to All Maryellen

Anonymous said...

mom, "any who" is probably the most annoying phrase I have heard in a long time. I actually had a breakthrough yesterday. I am taking this obnoxious english class until the end of July (no that isn't the obnoxious part, but it helps), we had to read "Araby" by James Joyce, and comment on it. The first time I read it I had no idea what the symbolism surrounding the story was, and last night at quarter to 12 I figured it out, I was writing my paper until almost 2 AM, but hey, at least its done!

Andrea said...

Maryellen - Don't you know it isn't nice to put people in time out and you should always listen to your mother? We really need more Emma pictures SOON!!!

Anyone have any fun plans this weekend? It will be another long weekend for me. There are people in my class from NJ visiting so we are going out tonite, Napa tomorrow, and then on Sunday one of my good friends from college is coming out so we will be touristy in SF during the day and then head back to Napa for the night and all of Monday...Maybe my wine collection will beat Mom and Dad's someday....

Anonymous said...

I am buying a kayak today (I hope).
I found a good deal on craigs list and I am going to check it out tonight..... if it is not sold yet!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Andrea sounds like you are going to have fune this weekend.... Drive safe... Love and miss you
Love Cindy

Kristin good luck with your kayak tonight ..hope you get it...
Love Cindy