Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our Lazy Snow Day!!

As much as I would love to say Claire and I enjoyed our snow day outside playing in the snow, I am recovering from the stomach bug and that wasn't possible. So we had as much fun as we could while staying inside and being lazy so Mommy could rest. Here's a recap...

I was awoken by Claire running into the bedroom and screaming "Mama...it's..." then she pointed to the snowman on her PJ's. Yes, Claire, that's snow - how about you go back to bed so Mommy can sleep. Yeah, right.
So we resorted to playing before Dan left. Dad puts on his hat, Claire needs to put on hers. I don't like the hat either and I told Claire that. Dan said, Claire, tell mama Psssssh and Claire ran around the house this morning say Pssssh (hand motion and all). Guess it's time to watch what we're saying.
Morning hair - someone needs a hair cut
Or a barrette will do - that's how we roll...PJs and barrettes while eating sugar donuts. I should have known better
After watching an Elmo video and having a snack, we took a 3 hour nap. Claire must have known I was tired, she never sleeps that long. She had lunch around 3 and then played by the mirror. Oh, the simple things that make her happy. She laughed at herself...
acted silly like her Daddy....
laughed at herself some more... (and yes, I know the mirror needs to be cleaned!)
Then we resorted to one of Claires favorite activities these days - watching the buses drive by. Mama - it's bus... Dada- it's bus... Aun-a - it's bus. What a wonderful activity :-)
We watched the buses while the snow came down pretty good
We played on the bed
Watched our Little People tractor roll across the floor
and finally got to the good stuff that comes with snow days....we made hot chocolate.
There was only one bad thing about the hot chocolate. In case you didn't notice, we never got out of our PJs today. Claire got chocolate on her PJs so that means she will have to change clothes today. It is OK to change directly from one set of PJs to the other, right?

I did also have the chance to finish this book which I would highly recommend. If you've never read Nicholas Sparks before you are missing out, but this especially was a good one.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Great Pictures Mere!

Julie said...

Claire is so big!! I don't notice how long I've been gone until I look at pictures of kids growing up. However, I think you should have gone out in the snow even with a stomach bug, just for me. As you are getting snow we are in the hot season, which is unbelievably hot. Please stick you face in the snow for me next time you can.