Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ultrasound Pictures!



For those of you who don't already know...we are having GIRLS! The ultrasound technician said they were very uncooperative, and wouldn't sit still. She had a very difficult time taking images of the girls, but determined with "a fair degree of certainty" that they were both girls (which in english meant approximately 90%).

For those of you still not convinced, we have another ultrasound in 4 weeks because they were so fidgity and the technician wasn't able to get some of the needed images. One is approximately 12 oz and the other is 14 oz., which I am told is a little larger than normal at that stage. I don't understand how since I am only recently able to eat real food! The babies are head to butt! The tech thought that was pretty funny, and so did Larry. In fact, he thought that the one with its butt in its sisters face was a boy (at least before we found out that the second one was also a girl).

So far we have gotten several name suggestions which include: Paula, Amy, and Lisa (Larry's sisters roommate suggested that one). Any other suggestions?



8 comments:

Nicole said...

well that didnt work. No pictures! I will send this to Meredith to see if she can help!

Andrea said...

Nic - send them to me and I'll post them. She isn't at her computer today.

Meredith said...

Love the pictures - what's with this family making a whole lot more girls than boys?

Coming up with a name is much harder than you would think. Our short list was Sara, Emily, Paige, and of course Claire. Claires girlfriends are Avery, Sydney, Hannah, Charley, and Brooke, and some of the kids in her class are Ella, Raya, Madeleine, Olivia, and Marina. Good luck deciding - are you thinking of doing 2 names with the same letter?

Nicole said...

Meredith, we hadn't really thought much about using the same letter. Not a bad idea. That name Charley is cute, and different...maybe a little too different for me!

Anonymous said...

well i like paula the best but have you thought of Caron...or are you using that as a middle name for both of them??

Julie said...

the girls near me are named Ayisha, Asana, Mariam, Rahi, Zenatu, Howa, Amina, Salmata, Rafia, Fadilla, Alima, and I could go on, but I have a feeling this won't help. So, my suggestions are Julie or Balella, or both!

Julie said...

wait, those are all the muslim names, I forgot the traditional ones. So how about Suhuyini (that's me!), Wumpini, Tunteeya, Sugri, Malititi, Belima, Batehima ... again going on might not be necessary

Anonymous said...

I think Mary and Ellen would be very nice LOL