Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yup, it's really a girl....

Yesterday I went back for my follow up ultrasound for Baby Snider #2. The first time she wouldn't cooperate and the tech was unable to get two pictures she needed - left hand and the brain. I didn't mind though because it was an excuse to have another ultrasound and see this little baby swimming around and sucking her thumb! It was confirmed this is a girl and we got tons more pictures - hopefully I can get them posted soon.

Hope everyone is unwinding after the long exhausting week we just had. Both Kristin and I had long journeys home on Monday. Kristin and 2 other cars on the highway hit a piece of a plow that was in the road, giving her a flat tire. After waiting for someone to come change the donut then waiting to get a new tire, and traffic because of the weather her 3.5 hour trip home became 9 hours!! We didn't have trouble getting home but once we got into Hoboken it was a mess. I have to circle a 5 block radius about 10 times while Dan shoveled out a parking spot so we could at least leave the car long enough to take the suitcases and bags out. A couple of hours later he returned to dig out the car again so I could leave in the AM, only to find that there was no sense digging it out because it kept getting plowed in. Keeping his tired pregnant wife in mind, he moved the car into a garage at midnight. Great idea - but have you ever tried to find your car in a parking garage when someone else parked it and tried to explain where it was when you were asleep? I could hear the horn, but I couldn't find the car! Eventually I did, but we ran through the same thing last night after had been grocery shopping. I think tonight I will just leave the car at my office as we prepare for the arrival of Dans friends for their New Years Eve Phish concerts.

What are you doing for New Years Eve?

1 comment:

kristin said...

Thats exciting Mere. I knew it was a girl because this family is pretty bad at making boys.