Monday, December 15, 2008

Not a Scrooge

So, last year I was told if I didn't embrace Christmas this year, I wasn't going to be allowed to come home and spread bad Christmas joy to the baby (ahem, Peggy). So this year, I've been TRYING to do just that, in Claire's honor. That means I decided to get a grown up Christmas tree! A bunch of my girlfriends from MA came down last weekend and we went and picked and decorated a tree on Saturday. It was fun and I must say it does smell delicious! This weekend I was a good little bargain shopper and got 95% of my shopping done and wrapped and everything is happily under the tree. Check out my festive apartment below:

Here is my tree and all of Claire's presents...maybe next year I'll work on getting better ornaments...

Here is my festive bookcase...can't you feel the Christmas spirit RADIATING from the picture?


And last but not least, a close up of my festive table which 3 people should be happy about. Sister P - Look at my festive nativity scene! Pegatures - the candle stand you got us look very nice. And last but not least - Kristin - your most favorite picture EVER! proudly displayed in my new festive frame...
I have a few other random decorations around but I won't bore you with all the details. I hope everyone had a good weekend and can't wait to see everyone next week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Andrea. I bet you will never skip out on a tree again now that you see how nice it is to have. I usually enjoy mine until around Valentines day.

Meredith said...

I am very proud of you Andrea! The tree looks good and I like what you did with the table. Are the boys going to water the tree for you while you are away?

Embrace the holiday spirit - doesn't it feel good?

Peg and Don said...

Bah... That was for Meredith and Dan from the past weekend!!! Bah!!! Love, Don

Anonymous said...

Great job Andrea...you should have at least 18 or 20 ornaments...maybe you will get a few extra this year...
I cannot wait to see you...
I have one of those candles too on my dinning room table looks great...Love Auntie P

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't have to have your mother come and decorate your house for you like me! Nice tree. Since my tree is fake and only about 3 feet tall I too will have mine up until at LEAST Valentine's Day, so I hear you Kristin.

Anonymous said...

Good job Andrea!! What you do about tree ornaments is raid your parents!! They must have some in the basement I always do!! I'm very happy that your embracing the season Love Auntie Gail

Anonymous said...

HI, Well I can get on the blogg from home...but not a work...so I don't answer these like I should because when I am home I do not like to get on the computer.....So I am late... Love your decorations..
Cindy & RaY