Friday, September 24, 2010

Next Stop: Ireland

I've had a great week in England and tonight my friend Laura and I travel to Ireland to meet up with our friend Richard. We have a busy week planned and we will be there until Thursday night when we head to Germany. I'm excited for several reasons - 2 being I am officially on vacation next week (I've been working from the J&J offices around here) and I've always wanted to go Ireland!

This week has been great. When I got here on Friday and couldn't find my friends, I immediately regretted not having a working phone OR getting my watch fixed before I left. After about 30 minutes (I think?) they found me waiting right where we had agreed to meet - Russell had decided they should go in and meet me but I had already passed through when they got there so they missed me - oh well. We had a 'full English breakfast' and then headed off to London for the day. My friends live in Windsor so we took the train in on Saturday and drove in on Sunday. Great weather and great sites - we had fun!

This week I've been working in our offices in Maidenhead and Pinewood . We've laid low for the most part -work, gym, dinner, tv, and sleep - but it is been good just not being home!

This morning I went to Windsor Castle while my friends went to work. It is about 1.5 mile walk from their house and the walk is mostly along the river so it was a perfect morning for a coffee and a stroll. I was really excited to see the changing of the guards...but of course in the month of September that only happens on odd days....Oh well - still a good time! You can't take a lot of pictures but here were some of the highlights....

My welcome banners in front of Laura and Russell's house...


Walking up to Windsor Castle...

Inside the fortress...
Saint George's Cathedral
Guard on duty...
I think this is one of my favorite pictures I've taken so far!
It's official - I'm not destined to get a good picture with a guard! Oh well!

Here is a brief plan for Ireland:

Cork --> Kilarney --> Galway --> Dublin

I hope everyone has a good weekend and gets to go and enjoy the Big E!!!

No comments: