Friday, January 26, 2007

How is your Friday going??

When do you officially know you are not going to have a good day? I am extremely tired this morning because I drank a latte in class last night to stay awake and then I couldn't fall asleep last night (go figure!) As I was getting ready this morning I made my little pot of coffee as normal, and when I was looking for my coffee mug I take with me to work everyday I realized that I had left it in my car yesterday. I dont know where to get coffee around the office because I just moved my office to Manhattan. So, after much debtaing, I decided to bring the little coffee pot to the car with me and then pour the coffee into my mug. What a wonderful idea! As I am warming up my car I find the mug in my car, and guess what?? I was drinking water out of it last night and now it is frozen solid and I cant get the cover off! Now what do I do?? I am driving a standard car with a little coffee pot next to me that doesn't have a solid cover to prevent it from spilling. So I try to drive to work one handed while using the heat to defrost the mug which froze in my car last night (did I mention it is only 9 degrees today?). After about 15 minutes I finally get the mug open and I am able to dump the water out and pour the coffee in. When I take my first sip....it is cold!! So, here I sit at my desk drinking cold coffee, not being able to leave the office because I lost my work car keys on Tuesday. Can I just say.....

Thank God It's Friday!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Stop being a baby Meredith!!! Suck it up!

Just kidding! Kristin - talking about cold - I'm going to Montreal for the weekend. Yes, I know it is going to be freezing and yes, I know it is going to be a really long drive....just for a weekend. But if you can't do random road trips when you are young when can you?

Peg and Don said...

Looks like quite the rough start. I assume when you got home last night, you noticed that it was also cold (not conducive to keeping hot coffee warm). So it would seem to make sense that this would continue into Friday morning. Well, I suppose you now know for future mornings (probably Mondays).
While I agree with Andrea (suck it up, Meredith), what's up with her? Doesn't she know that the drive from NJ to MTL is shorter than what we do between Greenville and HHI? I don't think this is an age thing.
I'm laughing out loud.... again.... Have fun spinning tonight...