Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Random Thoughts and Postings

If you want to see something funny, check out Dan's parents blog. There is a Dan look-alike out there!

Very Random - This morning, I realized how much of a dork I truly am! Since I am a creature of habit, I take the same bus into the city every morning and tend to sit in the same area. On the ride in, I do my homework, which is usually just reading. When I walked up to the bus stop this morning, there was one guy at the bus stop, and he was like....I always see you working so hard every morning, what are you studying for? So, I had to explain that I was working on my Masters degree and try to multitask to get my homework done on the bus (what a dork!).

There is also another gentleman who is ALWAYS on the same bus in the morning. He is always very polite and says hello. Every day when we are getting off the bus he says have a nice day as he walks outside. Well, this morning when I sat down in my chair he handed me two highlighters!! I thought that was the nicest thing. Every morning I read and highlight as I go along and he thought I might need a few extra highlighters. I guess that was his good deed of the day, now I need to go pass one on! I realized how nice it is when a stranger does something nice for you.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Well isn't that just heartwarming...just kidding that was very nice of him.

Now you have to pay it forward!

Anonymous said...

That was very nice...You don't think he was trying to hit on you ..Do you????
Cindy

Peg and Don said...

I'm with Cindy... A couple of highlighters is a lot less money than a dinner or lunch. Remember, you ARE in NYC.... Gotta be careful. Many years ago, Peggy had some "nice stranger" proposition her while she was waiting for me to pick her up from college in the early evening.... Just be careful...

Andrea said...

Thats very true Mana. Dan, you should probably start getting up and taking the early bus when Mere goes in...HA!

Meredith said...

You would understand if you were there. He is NOT trying to hit on me. He is in his late 40s, and has some sort of disability. I think he is just genuinely a nice person.

Like Andrea said, PAY IT FORWARD!

Julie said...

um, do I need to remind you of Uncle Lee and my mom??? Never assume someone is not hitting on you because of age. haha.