Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Peace Corps Interview

Hi Everyone,
I had my Peace Corps interview today and it went really well. I was a little nervous at first (of course) but the woman who interviewed me is really nice and made it feel more like a conversation than an interview. The interview lasted about an hour and I think I had really good answers for her questions and I got some of my questions answered too. Overall, it was a good experience. In the end, she said that she would nominate me for a spot doing health education in a French speaking African country as long as my recommendations are all positive (which they definitely will be). Once she nominates me, which will hopefully be later this week or next week, they will send me health forms and I have to get a physical and go to the dentist to get medically cleared. After that, they will tell me that I am officially eligible for a spot and I will basically be waiting to find out exactly where I am going. That will all happen sometime next semester. I said I want to leave sometime in September or October, so I won't find out exactly where I am going probably until the summer, but it sounds very promising! I'm really excited!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Congratulations Julie, that is awesome! How long do you go for?

Anonymous said...

Wow...I am very excited for you..did you tell her you need to go to a country with good hotels so your aunt won't be afraid to visit....

How lucky they are to get you...Love Auntie P

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Julie. Good luck and Congrats!

Kristin

Julie said...

I'll be gone for 2 years and 3 months. And don't worry Auntie Paula, I'll hook you up with a great dung hut and cow hide bed!

Anonymous said...

Ok Julie, Congratulations...But you know me now I am sad and I worry a lot...2 years and 3 months is way to long/ Do you get to come home at all?

I alread miss you !!
Love
Cindy

Andrea said...

Julie that is awesome!!!! You would be great at that!

Good luck on finals!