Monday, December 10, 2007

Peace Corps Nomination

All my recommendations are in and I'm going to be nominated! The peace corps recruiter sent me an email today with program options for my nomination. I have three options (two are very similar):

1. Health Extension
Sub-Saharan Africa
French speaking post
September 2008

2. Health Extension
Sub-Saharan Africa
French speaking post
October 2008

3. Secondary Education Science
Sub-Saharan Africa
Non-French speaking
September 2008

I'm deciding between the first two because I want to do the health extension program. Also, I'm going to become fluent in French! What does everyone think, should I leave in September or October? I have to decide by Wednesday, so check the comments on this post then to see what I chose.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I say leave in October - that way you get to go to the Big E and see the trees change!

Meredith said...

I agree with Andrea.....go for October so at least you can enjoy the summer here. However, if you leave earlier that means you come back earlier. Hmmmmmmmm.....

What will she pick??

Anonymous said...

Julie, congratulations on your acceptance, you should be very proud. I know I am very proud of you. If you leave in October you can save a little money after you graduate, but either decision is a good one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
Well, I also am very proud of you..
I say leave in October... but Meredith is right... if you leave earlier you come home sooner...
This is hard.. of course you will get to come home for a visit...correct?

Love
Cindy

Julie said...

okay, so I chose to leave in October. I figure that gives me enough time to get things together and I might take the MCATS before I leave, so I'll have to take a lot of time to prepare for that.

And Auntie Cindy, I will probably be able to make a trip home in the middle of my service. We get 2 vacation days a month and can save them up for one big trip. I'll have to save money for that before I leave though.

Anonymous said...

Wow...That is very exciting....whenever you decded would have been fine with me...but i think October is the better month..may Kevin will be home and we can have a big send off..you know how i like a party...cann't wait to see you...I saved some decorating for you..so let me know what day you can come for supper..if Paul is home he is invited too...love you..Aunti paula