Monday, April 21, 2008

Peace Corps Update

After a long long waiting period, I finally heard something from the Peace Corps about my medical forms. I am now medically cleared! However, I have restrictions. I can only go to asthma safe countries. So that means countries without a lot of pollution and without things that will triggor asthma. My hope is that I can still go to Africa, but we'll see. Now I'm in another long waiting period while they decide where and when to invite me to a country. Hopefully I will hear by the end of May, but it might not be until August.

Oh yea, and if any of you know of internships or good jobs for this summer in the Springfield area, let me know. I'm on a mission to get a decent job for the summer and have weekends off to bounce back and forth between Vermont, the Cape, and Boston, wish me luck.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Julie that is awesome! I bet you can't wait to find out where you are going

Anonymous said...

Sounds great to me...do they have peace corps volunteers in France...or maybe England??See you soon...FAP

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Julie.

Keep us posted.

See you soon!

Meredith said...

Great job Julie! You better keep us posted when you get more details!

Anonymous said...

Julie I think they need peace corps people in Vt, i am sure I can check on that for you...... Congratulations Julie you will be great. I Love You Tina

Anonymous said...

HI Julie,
I am very proud of you but we will really miss you....
Love