Monday, September 08, 2008

Bad things happen in 3's

If I consider my near fatal heart attack with the police incident one, this most definitely has to be incident two!!!



Yup - some nice person out there somewhere decided is was ok to do this to my car and NOT leave a note! Who does that?!?! How they managed not to hit my mirror is another mystery. I'm figuring it had to have happened in Hoboken this weekend and I didn't notice when I got in the car last night. I found it this evening when I was going walking with my friend in the park.



This is NOT a good way to start off my week!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!! I hope the 3rd thing happens soon just to get it over with!!!

I hope everyone else's week is starting off better than mine!!!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Sorry to see that Andrea - not everyone out there is honest about things like that.

And hopefully there will not be a 3rd event - my event should count as one for you. Don't let this ruin your week - nothing you can do about it now! (I know, easier said than done!)

Peg and Don said...

Nasty stuff there, Andrea. Not nearly as serious, the Mustang was keyed on the passenger side when the car was parked on the street in Hoboken. And Meredith is right about people not being honest about these types of things.

Go and get an estimate before you claim this on your insurance. Depending on the amount, the insurance may end up costing more. Also, if you file a claim, ask them if you are going to be charged with a chargeable accident (which will add $$$ to your annual premium for about 3 years). This is probably why the person didn't leave a note. Good luck...

Andrea said...

The estimate is $1500!!!!

Julie said...

oh man andrea, that sucks. People are jerks sometimes. hope everything works out with the insurance and you are not charged for an accident.

Peg and Don said...

Believe it or not, I'd pay the $1,500. Have a friend contact their insurance company and ask if this would be chargeable and what it would do to the annual premium. Over time, my guess the total cost is > $1,500... Which is sad. That's my guess and opinion. But it would be worth checking it out. But regardless, who has an extra $1,500 laying around for this?

Peg and Don said...

Believe it or not, I'd pay the $1,500. Have a friend contact their insurance company and ask if this would be chargeable and what it would do to the annual premium. Over time, my guess the total cost is > $1,500... Which is sad. That's my guess and opinion. But it would be worth checking it out. But regardless, who has an extra $1,500 laying around for this?