Monday, February 02, 2009

Random posting and ethical debates...

The blog has been pretty quiet lately and I know there has been a lot going on. Where is everyone?? This morning I am sure some are recovering from Super Bowl parties and hangovers. No one would have wanted to be at our Super Bowl party - 7 babies all within 3 weeks of each other. Claire was the oldest, which sounds really weird to say.

Random thoughts - Going on vacation always puts me in the mood to get some good reading done. This morning I finally finished a really good book I started in Puerto Rico. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good read. This is the basic summary - 13- year-old Anna Fitzgerald enlists the help of an attorney, Campbell Alexander, to sue her parents for rights to her own body. Anna was conceived as a donor for her sister Kate, who is 16 and has leukemia. Anna donated genetic material throughout her life, and the latest donation is for her to give a kidney to Kate. If she wins the lawsuit, she would not have to donate.
Let the ethical debates begin...

Speaking of ethics - what are you feelings on the recently born octuplets? The mother already has 6 kids, isn't married, and decided to undergo IVF. Just interested in your thoughts.

And I also owe an apology for missing Uncle Michaels birthday - Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you got to celebrate in Puerto Rico with a nice drink by the pool. And Happy Belated Birthday to Petra as well! And, yes, I know we have a few birthdays coming up this week...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith...I have an important message i need to get on the blog..I tried but obviously it did not work...please e mail me so i can email it to you...I am still not really great at this computer stuff...THanks...and by the way i think we missed Kevins birthday also...P

Anonymous said...

Hey Mere we had a wonderful time in Puerto Rico.. It seems like years ago already. What a great spot talk about relaxing!!!! I also ready My Sisters Keeper in P.R. I thought it was a great book. Of course a few tears fell. Maryellen

Anonymous said...

Hey Mere we had a wonderful time in Puerto Rico.. It seems like years ago already. What a great spot talk about relaxing!!!! I also ready My Sisters Keeper in P.R. I thought it was a great book. Of course a few tears fell. Maryellen

Anonymous said...

I have never read the book. Sounds like maybe it is a good one.

On the lady with the octuplets - They don't even let day cares have 8 infants at once with 1 person... I am not sure how she can do all that herself!

Mel - I am glad that you had fun! It is a great place huh?

Anonymous said...

Kristin great point. I also think that the doctor was quite irresponsible for many reasons!! Should have never happened!!
I will read the book as soon as I get it from the library on Monday and then we can have a book club on the blog!! Gail

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?