Thursday, February 05, 2009

Remember that time I'm going to Abu Dhabi?

What do the picture below and I have in common?


We'll be in the same place the week of March 12-22nd!!!!


I just booked my ticket with some friends from MA to visit our friend Shannon who lives in Abu Dhabi. She has a crazy job, crazy living arrangements, and I am VERRRRRRRRRRY excited to go! Although my boss doesn't seem to share my same excitement....but here is why I think I deserve it.

So I'm pretty sure that 2009 isn't my year. I won't walk you through the comedy of errors that have occured in the past month, but I'll give you some highlights (or low lights):

  • One of my best friends father unexpectedly passed away last week
  • My friend from London was staying with me but Mere & Dan were kind enough to take him in while I was gone.
  • I forgot my purse when I left to go home for the services because I was rushing - trying to beat the snow and ice! Who does that?
  • I forgot my apartment keys on my way back to NJ because they werent in my purse, because my purse was in NJ
  • I got in to a car accident on the way back to NJ - Keep in mind - no purse means no license. I was driving on 84 in Danbury and something (I'm assuming ice) came off the tractor trailer in front of my (which I didn't get the plates of) and smashed my windshield and put some dents in my roof....the size of a watermelon. The dents were so deep, I could see them from the INSIDE of the car, specifically right above my head! The force was so hard that it turned on all the lights in my car and unsnaped both sun visors!!! A few people have pointed out, if that had hit 4 inches lower, I would not be here today so someone was watching out for me! How bad luck has this car been for me???
  • Since I was trying to catch a flight to Miami to meet my friends, I was going to try to ditch my car and catch a train to Newark but I stumbled on a car dealership. Dad told me to have them tell me if it was safe to drive. I go in - HYSTERICALLY crying (one person can only take so much bad luck!) - and the guy came out and looked and said it was safe to drive. Poor guy didn't know that to do with me. I tried to explain that I was okay and it was just alot going on at once but he didn't believe me in between my sobs.
  • I made my flight! The Clemson Basketball game is on! I'm on Jet Blue so I can watch it! Things are looking up! Oh wait...the row my friends and I were sitting in were the only 3 tvs on the plane that didn't work - but we got free wine!!!
So I had to share because I'm super excited and I'm really hoping my luck turns around before we leave...in 5 weeks!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you definetely deserve a trip half way around the world after all that! Have fun. Tell the princes I said hello!

Julie said...

You totally deserve that trip, I'm jealous though. Have fun, take lots of pictures, and be careful, bad luck traveling that far can become very bad luck. But I'm sure your bad luck streak is running out.

Anonymous said...

Good for you have a great time!!You may think you have bad luck but you're very lucky you were not seriously injured in the car accident!! That glass was half full for sure. Gail