Friday, May 21, 2010

Finally Friday!

Those of you with Facebook have probably seen these pictures, but I thought I'd share them here for those who haven't seen them. Little Miss Personality - on a cuddly day.
Sometimes I think Claire and Dan are twins - other times, I think she looks just like me. But one thing is for sure, the eyes are Daddys perfect match.
Sassy Pants -
And she finishes it off with a little attitude. My parents neighbors have a swingset in the back yard and Claire knows exactly where it is. She wants to head over there everytime we are in Massachusetts. She loves to climb and come down the "chide" and she refers to the slide.
Claire is talking up a storm and loves to repeat the last word that we say. She is working on her couting and has mastered 1-4, but then starts spouting off numbers from that point. I think 9 is her favorite. Last night, I was cooking dinner and I looked over to see her playing with the clock in her kitchen, moving the hands and counting. She loves music and is starting to sing with us, especially Happy Birthday (getting ready for Dads birthday on Monday), and Old McDonald. The ABCs are coming along but we aren't quite there yet. Potty training is making some progress - slow, but we are moving. Since Sunday she has peed 5 times in potty, I think that's pretty good. Last night was the funniest because she peed and I started clapping and asking Dan for M&Ms to give her. She looked at me like I was forgetting something and then says Mom - jump! Oh, how could I forget - jump up and down and clap when she pees. So there she is on the potty laughing while Dan and I are jumping up and down in the bathroom. She always calls someone to tell them when she pees, so last night I asked who she wanted to call - her request was Paul. Paul - I didn't think you'd appreciate that call, but I thought it was really funny.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - it's supposed to be beautiful!




3 comments:

nicole said...

great pictures! So where did she get the blonde hair? Its getting so long. I love pigtails.

Meredith said...

I sure can't blame the blonde hair on the mailman since she is her fathers twin. Dan actually had bleach blonde hair when he was younger. I keep saying she will grow out of it, but it has been almost two years already.

Julie said...

Great pictures! And I laughed out loud at the image of you and dan jumping up and down clapping for her peeing and at her wanting to call paul of all people. Give Claire hugs and kisses for me.