Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No Room at the Inn

I had a busy weekend and wanted to share some pictures with everyone, partly because I thought people may enjoy looking at some pictures, and partly because I'm tired of looking at the sweatshirt post!

So I had 4 visitors this weekend and we had a great time. You would think 5 girls in a 1 bedroom apartment would not be fun but we had a blast. My friend Leah from West Springfield came out and she brought her friend Janet. Also, two of my best friends from Clemson were able to come visit - Erin and Kristin. Erin visited from Atlanta and Kristin only had to drive a few hours from Lake Tahoe.

On Friday, we went to Monterey and did the 17 Mile drive. Here is a picture of all of us on top of a big rock. The only reason I decided to climb it is that they told me I wouldn't be able to because I was wearing flip-flops and a skirt:

It was a perfect day! Not too hot, not too cold, and for once - no fog! Here is a picture of the Lone Cyprus:


On Saturday morning we were up bright and early and headed to Napa. We were able to visit 6 different wineres! We were able to meet up with one of Erin's old friends from work who recently moved out here too so that was fun. Here is a picture of all of us in front of ZD:

Saturday night we were all pretty exhausted so we just rested up for a big day in SF. We saw Coit Tower, Lombard Street, attempted to see the bridge but it was too foggy, the Boudin tour, the Full House houses, Pier 39, and Fisherman's Warf. I am tired even thinking about it again!!!

Here is the view from the bottom of Coit Tower - that fog is the reason they didn't get to see the bridge!

I think this picture is funny - it is Kristin and I goofing around in front of the Full House houses. I stole this picture from Leah and it took Erin about 5 tries on my camera before we quit:
And here was our last stop of the night! We had dinner at my favorite restaurant in the city and then went and had dessert at Ghirardelli Square - it was delicious! Another funny fact - this picture was taken by someone who lives in Westfield - we met about 5 different familes from MA this weekend and 3 of them were from Western Mass!
My last visitors left last night at 10PM. Before they left they got me these BEAUTIFUL flowers as a thank you. Orange and purple for Clemson obviously...and pink just because I love pink! They looked much better before I started messing with them in the vase but they are still gorgeous!

So that is all that I've got...now it is back to work and the real world. I am going to SC for Labor Day to see all my friends, go to the football games, and to meet Gretchen! I am VERY excited about that! And when I get back it will be time to pick where I go next...who knows where I will end up!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea, You did a great job ..You can now be a tour guide...
We miss you

Love Cindy

Dan said...

Hey - I think I know that girl you met, Kim. I think she got married, but her maiden name was Kim Black. She looks very familiar to me. Do you know???

Andrea said...

Yup that is her! Her new name is Jusicek or something? Her and her husband just moved to Sacramento.

Peg and Don said...

What a GREAT post. Lot's of pictures and interesting captions. Even "girls jumping on grass" to steal a phrase from The Man Show - sort of. I was a little surprised that there wasn't a picture of jello shots somewhere in the ones posted (hahahaha)... I agree with the comment about looking at the sweatshirt post. It WAS time for an update.

We look forward to your visit to SC. Let us know if you need to be picked up at the airport and/or need a place to stay. Be careful about Gretchen. If you aren't careful, you might just find yourself babysitting while everyone goes to the movies.

Peg and Don said...

Tagged:

Andrea, Meredith, Dan, and Sister Paula:

The Rules: 1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts. 2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (**if you’re a non-blogger, you can email them!) 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Check out our blog (http://peganddon.blogspot.com/)for the details. You'll need to read the "Tagged - Don" section to see your names. Post on this blog.

Peg and Don said...

Just do it! Don't whine... Especially Dan!

Meredith said...

Great pictures Ange! It looks like you all had a great time. Did you buy me any nice wine? I really like the picture of you and Kristin jumping in front of Danny Tanners house....very cute!

Andrea said...

I didn't buy you any BUT I did buy myself some more Provence! MMM MMM MMM

Andrea said...

I didn't buy you any BUT I did buy myself some more Provence! MMM MMM MMM