Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Back From Central America

We are back safe – with stories, photos and diarrhea!  We cruised the streets of lakeside villages on motorcycles, we flew through the jungle canopy on ziplines, we climbed to the top of ancient Mayan ruins, we swam naked in the most beautiful place in the country (it was the most beautiful even before we were naked there),   we climbed through caves that housed Mayan sacrifices, we stood on a volcano 10’ from molten hot lava, and one night we even wore dresses and played pool.  It was an amazing trip!

 

 

4 comments:

Meredith said...

It sounds like you guys had an awesome time. I cant wait to see pictures! Glad you are home safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Paul - I am sorry to hear about your diarreah. This blog is full of pleasant things lately.

What was the one coolest thing that you did? And a little more info on the dresses would be nice

Kristin

Paul said...

One day we went into the caves where we needed candles and had to swim in water over our head, then we tubed down the aqua blue river, then went and jumped off of a bridge, then went to those limestone pools was the best overall day, but it's tough to pick one thing in particular that was the best. Kev and I were smiling for a few days straight after renting the motorcycles. I think it will be best just to show pictures of the dresses. I am going to start one of those photo sharing web pages soon and put them all up. I will post the link when I do. The trip was just amazing all around. $12 for a cabana with two beds and a hammock on the porch on a river. I didn't see a single meal that cost more than $10, almost all costing closer to $3 or $4. The only thing I regret is that I did not do this earlier and spend 6 months doing all of Central America.

Cindy said...

Hi Paul I am very glad you are home safe and sound. Also I am glad you had a wonderful trip can't wait to see the pictures....I know it was an experience you will never forget...
Hope to see you and your pictures soon
Love Cindy