Wednesday, May 30, 2007

California #1

I promised to update from California, so here we go...

Dan's birthday was cut short by an hour when we missed our connecting flight in Salt Lake City on Thursday and got stuck there for the night. But, we still made it to San Jose pretty early on Friday. We headed out to Monterey for the weekend. First, we biked part of the 17 mile drive. We got really lost and ended up biking a long time up a lot of huge hills! Saturday we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and then drove down through Big Sur...it was absolutely beautiful! Sunday we had ticket to the Giants game. We got to see Barry Bonds hit home run #746. They love Barry in San Francisco. Monday morning we went to the Winchester Mystery House and then picked up Andrea at the airport. She led us up to Picchetti Winery where we did a wine tasting, and then we had dinner with out old neighbors in Mountain View. Today Andrea went back to work (ha ha!) and Dan and I went into San Francisco. We did a city tour and of course Dan had to try out some local beers at a bar in San Francisco. Back to being tourists tomorrow!

Enjoy the pictures!


Biking along the 17 Mile Drive. I know, I know....those helmets are hot! But they did keep us safe. Behind me is Bird Rock. Can you guess why the rock is mostly white?










The infamous Lone Cypress....need I say more?


















One of the beautiful shots we got while driving along Big Sur! It definitely paid off to get a new camera before the trip.

















The penguin exhibit at the aquarium was great.













We had awesome seats at the Giants game after we traded tickets with a couple who wanted to sit next to their friends. This is Barry Bonds crossing home plate after home run #746.










Picchetti Vineyards had peacocks running around the premises. Of course Dan had to chase them! We had some great wine, but I am still looking forward to Napa Valley!









Wine tasting at Picchetti. Andrea is a club member here so we tasted for free...Thanks Ange!











Coit tower on the left and the Transamerica Pyramid on the right.

4 comments:

Julie said...

so you were tasted for free??? I feel like people should have paid you to taste you.

Becky S said...

Very cool pictures! I'm glad you got a new camera too!!

Peg and Don said...

Excellent post... That's what I'm talkin' about! Great pictures and cute captions. More, more... And how 'bout that Barry, Barry, Barry!!! Woo-hoo... 746 (I don't care for him - he's a pompous a$$). Enjoy Alcatraz tomorrow night and stay on the right side of the bars...

Meredith said...

I fixed the mistake Julie....would you be willing to proofread some of my papers for school? I need someone with a good eye to catch those things! :-)