Saturday, March 15, 2008

Southern Inn

Here's an entertaining story for all...

Spring break started today and 4 of my friends and I are driving down to Florida to stay at Cocoa Beach for the week. We were going to drive the whole way today, but when we got into South Carolina there was really bad weather and we started hearing tornado warnings on the radio. Since we had no clue what county we were in, we kept trying to use phone gps to figure out if we were in the tornado warning places. We finally figured out that we were uncomfortably close to the warning areas and decided to stay in a motel for the night. When we got here we actually found out that we've been following the storm for a while and it just passed through here like 20 minutes before we got here.

Now the entertaining part... after finding out the decent places are full for the night, we are staying in the "Southern Inn", which is probably the most sketchy place I've ever stayed. We were really excited to take showers until we noticed that there was hair in the tub and the sink looks like it hasn't been cleaned in weeks. I touched the fridge and got sticky stuff on my hands. Our plan for now is to sleep on top of the covers and touch as few things as possible. The only good thing is free internet and its only $50 for the night.

I'll update you on the fun parts of our trip later. Have a good week everyone.

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Don't feel bad. Andrea and I have been in the same situation before....sleep on top of the covers and don't touch anything! Good luck on the rest of your trip and have lots of fun!!

Julie said...

I would also like to add that when we shut off the lights the ceiling lit up with glow in the dark stars. Some kid must have had a ball putting those up there. It was a good laugh when we tried to go to sleep. Oh yea, and the air conditioning smelled funny, but it was worth it because the room was SO HOT!

Anonymous said...

Stars on the cieling? That sounds like a sweet place. Enjoy your stay!

OH- have fun on Spring Break too. Cocoa Beach is really nice!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time..see you for
Easter???

Anonymous said...

Julie I have to thankyou for the AM laugh. I have been a place like that myself, when I went cross country many many years ago. Maybe it was the same hotel. Can you hear the people next door as if they are in your room? Yup it is the same place. Take care Cocoa beach is really nice Michael and I went there a few years ago. Love Ya Maryellen

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,, Sounds to me like they might rent that by the hour..... be careful and have a wonderful time...See you on Easter!

Love
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Haha nice Auntie Cindy - that was gross!

That's definitely a rule of thumb to avoid hotels/motels with hourly rates. Also I've found cash only places are usually not the best choice.

I'm in Las Vegas now and was bouncing from one cheap hotel to another when I first got here, looking for a nice place at a good rate. One that I drove around when checking it out had boards on hinges over the openings on the back wall. I don't want to call the openings windows because windows in my opinion have glass. Anyway I went to the place I'm at now which is nice and I'm staying here!

Julie if you don't alreday have a place booked in FLA, make sure you check out the room before booking for a week. Especially check the beds and cleanliness.

Andrea said...

We knew our hotel in JAX was bad when they gave you the remote control when you checked it and if you didn't return it when you checked out you got charged...horrible lol

Hope the rest of the trip is a little better!