Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Tuesday laugh

You all know I like to share my stories, and I thought this one was cute. Every Tuesday I volunteer at a local school to help a little girl read during her lunch hour. Our company sponsors the program, so I can just walk over during her lunch break. Last year, Maria was in 2nd grade and I was lucky enough to get her as my partner again this year. Yesterday I picked out the book to read - I always loved this book!




Summary of the book - Strega Nona hires a guy to help around the house. She has a secret pasta pot that no one can touch, but the guy hears her magic words to start making the pasta and then again the words to stop making the pasta. But, the guy didn't see her blow the three kisses that are needed to stop making the pasta. So, he is watching the house one day and decided to make the pasta, but he can't stop it from coming and the pasta takes over the village. As punishment, he has to eat all the pasta so Strega Nona can sleep in her bed that night. At the end it shows him in the village - nice and fat! It was at this point that Maria looked at me and said out of nowhere - that is what you looked like the last time we read! I almost fell out of my chair...



5 comments:

Andrea said...

Boil, boil pasta pot. Make me pasta nice and hot...


Thats all I remember...

Meredith said...

I'm hungry and it's time to sup - make enough pasta to fill me up
:-)

Anonymous said...

I think I missed out on that book! But that is a pretty funny story! Kids are honest - thats for sure!

Anonymous said...

I loved that book!!! When is everyone coming this way?? We have to get together again soon. Kristin, I hope to get to VT relatively soon.

Julie said...

That's hilarious. I loved that book too!