Sunday, May 01, 2011

Tick tock....

Still hanging on after a busy week. Doctor appointment, ultrasound, visit from Marianne, trip into the city, chiropractor appointment, dentist appointment for both Claire and I, and play dates at the park. Whew...I am tired just thinking about it. But still, no baby and no name.

If you did not already know, my cousin Sara had her baby 2 weeks ago on April 18th - Jack Edward. Marianne came to visit on Wednesday and we took a trip into the city to meet Jack.
It was Babe Ruth Day on Wednesday and all the kids at daycare were supposed to wear a shirt from their favorite baseball team. Claire sported her Red Sox shirt, along with one other girl in her class, but she did look right at me and say - Sorry Mom, Indians....I wonder who put her up to that?
Claire is definitely tuned in to what is going on. She told everyone at the dentists office about her baby sister and how she is still growing in Mommys belly but will will be "borned" soon. She asks me if her baby sister is ready to come out and when do we need to go to the "hostable." One day last week she announced that today was her baby sisters birthday - I think I held my breath until the end of the day. Claire is also aware of what I can no longer do, like bend over to tuck her in and rub her back (I'm afraid I will break her bed if I sit on it.) Three nights last week she decided she wasn't tired when she went to bed and spent 2 hours each night making excuses of why she shouldn't go to sleep...I need a drink of water, I need to pee, I need to watch hockey, I want to watch Mr. Tony and Mr. Mike (from Pardon the Interruption), I want my magazine, I need to wash my binky, and on and on and on. These are pictures from those three nights, after she finally crashed.
The first night we tucked her in with 5 blankets at her request. She kept one for herself and carefully tucked in her baby doll at the foot of the bed with the other 4 blankets. The next night we thought was funnier because of how she fell asleep, but the 3rd night definitely takes the cake. Her hand in her pants, her baby doll perfectly tucked in, the book under her other hand, and of course the toucan nose that she is sporting on her head.

And of course, the ever growing and comparison belly shot.
And one last one just because I think it's cute....
Back to the doctor tomorrow morning to see what is really going on
*Update* - Doctors appointment went well, gained a few pounds, blood pressure 110/80, heart rate 138bpm. I am currently 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. That kinds of freaks me out since I wasn't dilated with Claire until a few days before she was born. The doctor said she doesn't expect I'll make my due date but she doesn't anticipate anything happening immediately. Let's see, my dad leaves for Germany on Saturday, and we all know how that worked out last time...maybe it is time to start tying up loose ends at home!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Great pictures!! Let us know how the doctor visit goes