Friday, March 16, 2007

Worst Travel Luck EVER!!!

So it is official...I think I have the worst travel luck ever!

Last time I tried to come home from California was around Valentines Day. Dad and I almost got stuck in Charlotte and when I flew out the next day the airline "lost" my bag for 3 days, just to find out that it was at the Atlanta airport the entire time!!!!!

This time I am flying back for 2 weeks for training for my job. My class (about 50 people, including Internationals) have had plans to go out in NYC for Saint Patrick's day since July!!! Everyone has been really excited all week. This morning I checked my flights several times and everything seemed good to go so my car picked me up and away to the airport we went. In the 30 minutes that it took us to get to the airport my flight got cancelled. I was a little disappointed but figured I could get out tomorrow and still make SOME of the party but unfortnuately I was wrong again!!! I offered to fly out of 3 different airport, into 5 different airports, and this gets me in on Monday night.

To save some money I decided to take a shuttle back to my apartment from the airport instead of the car service. I made friends with my 7 van mates, heard about how one woman teaches english as a second language and used to live in a wigwam, and got a 2.5 hour tour of the Silicon Valley before I got back to my apartment. Needless to say I won't be doing that again any time soon!

So I think that this makes it official...WORST TRAVEL LUCK EVER!!!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Sorry to hear about your bad travel luck. Enjoy the weekend in California! And do you really think you should feel bad about laying by the pool while we are all experiencing a Noreaster!

Andrea said...

There will be no pool this weekend - it is closed for the week to be cleaned...

Anonymous said...

Andrea don't think of this as bad luck. Think of it as it was ment to be. Now go out and buy 500 lotery tickets and i am sure you will win something...
I Love You tina
PS i am sorry you are stuck.xxxooo