Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween

So, we got up to Massachusetts on Halloween day after I worked from home and went into Manhattan to get Meredith at work. Nice drive in the early afternoon means we fly up 95 and over 91 in just over 2 hours. So we get to West Springfield around 4:00, get Claire in her costume and commence taking her around to visit the neighbors. This is before Claire, Peggy and Meredith take her out.







After they got back to the house, Kristin, Andrea (Kristin's old roommate), Meredith, and I took Claire out to visit the whole fam-damily. First stop was to stop over to see Big Grandpa, Susan, and Megan.




We had to make the visit short, since there were many more people to see. Next on the list was Ray and Cindy, which had one of the best Halloween motifs I've seen in a long time. Nice works guys.




While we were visiting, all their grandkids made their triumphant return from a night's trick-or-treating. No picture of the bounty, but they did a good job. The below picture is of Paige, Claire and I - and yes, that is me wearing Paige's costume. She was a very cute little gypsy and I just took whatever she left on the table and put it on.



This is where the photos end, but after Cindy and Ray's, we went over to visit with Maryellen, Mimere, Paula, and the rest of that crew; Jean and Molly; David and Donna; and Gail and Julie; Thanks to everyone for the fun night and all the delicious candy.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting us on halloween. Claire was very cute. Also, thanks for having my mom babysit the next day, I got to wake up to a cute little baby being placed on my bed. A pleasant awakening if it doesn't happen every day.

Peg and Don said...

Dan blogging. Good job on the pics and narration. Unfortunately, this could require you to do it again and again....

Meredith said...

We had a wonderful time - and Claire enjoyed all the candy! Glad we got a chance to see everyone this weekend...

Anonymous said...

That was one cute monkey. I want to see Emma's costume - I am sure somebody has pictures!

Anonymous said...

And I think that Claires dad enjoyed the candy more than Claire did!