Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Suspicious Fire in Springfield

The Caron family and Gail were awoken at about three thirty this morning to quite a commotion. The new church that was about 90% complete, was burned to the ground. Police are saying that it is very suspicious and possibly a hate crime, considering it is a predominantly black church and the timing of Obama's victory. We watched the fire for awhile last night and it was pretty intense. This morning the street was full of fire trucks and police and is now full of dogs, police, FBI, helicopters and Michael is being interviewed as we speak.


It was very upsetting to go to bed so enlightened and to wake up to such a tragedy
.

Check it out...

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/11/suspicious_blaze_destroys_tink.html?category=Springfield

4 comments:

Andrea said...

That is horrible! I hope that it turns out to be some electric wiring and not a hate crime. I'm glad you guys are okay! And Uncle Michael did a great job in the interview!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's terrible.

Meredith said...

That is insane about the fire - either that is a weird coincidence or people are just plain ignorant! Luckily it doesn't sound like anyone got hurt.

Anonymous said...

I am so mad I missed it (not glad that it happened, just to clarify). I was over there until about 11:15 and was planning to sleep over but changed my mind right before heading home. I would have been there for the craziness. I am going there after work.