Thursday, November 06, 2008

TECWAE

One sunny  day in     ***2009***    an old man  approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue , where he'd been  sitting on a park bench.


He spoke to the U.S.  Marine standing guard and said: 'I would like to go in and meet with President  Bush.'


The Marine looked at the  man and said: 'Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer president and no longer resides  here.'


The old man said: 'Okay'  and walked away.


The following day, the  same man approached the White House and said to the  same Marine: 'I  would like to go in and meet with President  Bush.'


The Marine again told  the man: 'Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Bush is no longer president and  no longer resides here.'


The man thanked him and,  again, just walked away.

The third day, the same  man approached the White House and spoke to the very same  U.  S. Marine, saying: I would like to go in and  meet with President  Bush.'

The Marine,  understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and  said: 'Sir,  this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr.  Bush.  I've told you already that Mr. Bush is no  longer the president and no longer resides here.  Don't you  understand?'


The old man looked at  the Marine and said: 'Oh, I understand.  I just love hearing  it.'

The Marine snapped to  attention, saluted, and said: 'See you  tomorrow!"




3 comments:

Meredith said...

I was wondering where this was going? Very good one Mel - I enjoyed the morning laugh.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!

THAT IS A GOOD ONE!

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND EVERYBODY!

Julie said...

I love it too!