Monday, November 17, 2008

Surprise Reunion!

This weekend was a great weekend! I have a really good group of girlfriends from Freshman year that I keep in touch with from Clemson (I know, you're shocked...). There are 9 of us and we haven't managed to get everyone together since we graduated in 2005 - always 8, never 9. So this weekend, I decided to surprise them by showing up at Homecoming because I knew everyone else would be there.

I flew in on Thursday night. Of course I always have terrible luck flying and ended up being delayed and delayed. After we finally got on the plane, the pilot came on and announced we were currently 41st in line for take off!!!! 41st!!! So I landed around 1:30 Friday morning, worked a half day from SC, met up with one of our friends Brooke and her daughter Jordan for lunch, and then went to visit my friends classroom.

That night we had dinner with all the girls. I was so excited to surprise them but I felt a little bad for everyone else in the restaurant when I walked in because everyone started screaming. It was really funny! We had a great time and called it an early night to get up for the football game in the morning!
We left around 7:45 to head to Clemson. I learned quickly that riding in the back of a small car after taking allergy medicine on an empty stomach is not so good for you. I decided when I saw a sign that said 'Clemson - 20 Miles' that I wasn't going to make it so after a quick pit stop to get something to eat we made it to Clemson by around 8:30. We were pleasantly surprised to find out it wasn't raining because it was forcasted to POUR until at least 12:00. We tailgated for a few hours and then headed to the game.

I sat with my old roommate and her family during the game and while we went to visit some friends we stopped to get a picture with the Rock that the team rubs before they run down the Hill.




After the game I hopped around to a few tailgates to visit some people and finally made my way to back to my friends. It was VERY WINDY! so we decided to head to the bars instead of staying outside to tailgate. I was shocked to see how different downtown is. Everytime we go back, there are new apartment complexes and shops...it was very strange. We hung out in Clemson until around 8PM and then decided to call it a night. This is the ONLY picture I got of all 9 of us from the whole weekend...



As we were walking back, my friend realized that she had flung her hand and her class ring fell off on the side of the street. 16 people crawling around on the sidewalk, sifting through leafs, in the dark, on the side of a very busy road, trying to find a little gold ring. I decided this was more of a photo op before I actually helped look for it. Unfortunately we didn't find it but I have a feeling Santa will be bringing her a new one.



Yesterday I had brunch with some girls from our sorority and then headed over to Don and Peggy's to hang out for a bit. Which always turns in to more than a bit because I ALWAYS get delayed! They were nice enough to let me hang around for my 2 hours and 15 minutes delay and it is always good to catch up! My friend picked me up around 9:30 which isn't too bad but I was still exhausted this morning - but the trip was definitely worth it!!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Glad you had fun at the game! I hope your bad travel luck doesn't wear off on us when we fly to SC in a few weeks. And I think we are on the same time flights you were - 9PM going down and 5:15 coming back??

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time Ange!! It was worth all of the travel waiting. And at least you could wait at Don and Peg's!

Anonymous said...

My dear sweet girl I am exausted just reading all of this. A weakend like that could kill me. You are something else.How great to se all your friends, good Job.... We miss you in VT. Love and Kisses Tina